FreeCASE - Free(dom) Computational AeroServoElasticity
Laminar boundary layerIn this section we present the numerical results of AeroFoam
solver for a 2D aerodynamic test problem, such as the viscous laminar flow over a flat plate.
- Rectangular channel of length L = 1 m and height h = 0.06 m
- Polytropic Ideal Gas (PIG)
- Specific heat ratio gamma = 1.4
- Gas thermodynamic constant R = 287.05 J/kgK
- Sutherland's law to model dynamic viscosity - temperature law mu = mu(T)
- Constant Prandtl number Pr = 0.72
- Initial conditions:
- Thermodynamic pressure Poo = 101325 Pa
- Temperature Too = 288.15 K
- Velocity Uoo = 100 m/s
- Boundary conditions:
- SupersonicInlet boundary conditions on the inlet section (front and top walls)
- ExtrapolatedOutlet boundary conditions on the outlet section
- AdiabaticViscousWall boundary conditions on the bottom wall
Space and time discretization
- Space discretization:
- Boundary layer mesh created with blockMesh
- # of rectangular cells Nv = 2500
- # of nodes Nn = 2601
- Time discretization:
- Total simulation time endTime = 0.025 s
- Timestep deltaT = 5e-8 s
- Maximum Courant number maxCo = 1.5
Detail of the computational grid.
- Comparison with Blasius numerical solution of thin boundary layer equations
- Single iteration CPUtime = 0.03 s on AMD64 3500+ desktop PC with AMD Athlon 64 2.2 GHz CPU, 1 Gbyte RAM, 512 Kbyte L2 cache
Figure: Velocity profiles.
- Blasius.tar.gz test problem folder. Uncompress this archive in the OpenFOAM work folder and execute AeroFoam . Blasius_3k_M030 from terminal to start the simulation. Download.
|Powered by cmsimple.dk